Vision Team Blog

Thursday, April 06, 2006

yum yums :)

Hey all…
So the food themes for the next two Vision Team meetings have been decided ahead of time… On April 13 we are having Southern Comfort/Soul Food and on April 27 we are doing breakfast for dinner. Hope that suits everyones tastes. The following are some ideas for Southern food. If you want to bring some food to contribute that’s great, if you can’t that’s fine as well. For now I’m operating under the assumption that people are not bringing food unless they tell me otherwise – that way I can make a balanced meal and/or fill in the gaps… So I'll post this here and email it early for those people who actually shop ahead of time and stuff...

My idea is to have southern food like fried chicken (easily bought), mashed potatoes (the butterier the better), buttermilk biscuits (from a can are just fine), fried okra, and white gravy. Other ideas include cream corn (canned is easy), creamed spinach , collard greens , lima beans , blackeyed peas , sweet potatoes , deviled eggs , or fried green tomatos . Traditional desserts include banana pudding , pecan pie , buttermilk pie , peach cobbler , or pralines . Feel free to google for more ideas or odder recipes (like if anyone want to attempt to make or eat chit’lins ) Or Luke (king of odd prepackaged sweets) Moon Pies are the Southern marshmallowy cookie…

So I’m sure mike has some idea of the content of the meeting, I’m just in charge of food :)

2 Comments:

  • I'll do peach cobbler (YUM!) and something for dinner too - just haven't decided what yet...

    By Blogger Charlotte Wyncoop, at 9:02 PM  

  • hey thanks for responding. if anyone is procrastinating... please respond by noon on Thursday if you are bringing something. If not I'll assume you aren't and I will make everything else.

    By Blogger Julie, at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home